Second Sunday of Easter, April 19, 2020
|English:Sunday in a quiet time,
bless this little life of mine.
In the wonder of each day,
let me live a holy way.
|Deutsch:Gott, der Sonntag gehört dir,
deinen Segen wünsch ich mir.
Lass mich deine Wege gehn,
täglich deine Wunder sehn.
- Pretend to be different animals
- How did it feel to act like the different animals?
- Does it sometimes feel like you’re in a zoo when you’re at home for a long time?
- Can you imagine what it felt like to be on Noah’s Ark?
- Collect items in pairs to recreate the story today: stuffed animals, toys, socks- use your imagination!
- What did you see in the story?
(A boat, Noah and his wife, different animals)
- How do you think Noah’s family felt while everyone was laughing at Noah while he was building the ark?
- How did the characters feel on the arc?
(Scared, frustrated, bored, lonely…)
- What did all the animals do all that time on the boat?
(Play, eat, rest, read…)
- How did Noah feel the first time he sent the raven out and it didn’t return with anything?
(Patient, forgiving and also maybe disappointed and sad)
- How did he feel the second time when it returned with a branch?
(Hopeful, happy, excited)
- How did he feel the third time when it didn’t return?
- How did everyone feel when they were finally able to come off the boat?
Children can act out these scenarios.
- Where did you see examples of caring in this story?
(Everyone brought food onto the boat and God made sure there was enough. Noah had patience and helped take care of God’s creations.)
Today, we read a story about how God protected and cared for Noah many years ago. How does God still protect/care for us today?
We also need to take care of ourselves so that we can help take care of each other. This is important now that we’re spending lots of time at home, just like it helped everyone on Noah’s Ark. We can find ways to feel good and be nice to each other, especially our friends, neighbours and teachers who we can’t spend time with in person right now.
- Sing the Arky-Arky song
- Share your Noah’s Ark scene- take a photo and maybe set it up by a window so that people who pass by can see!
- Bake or cook as a family
- Animal matching with toys (game): https://www.kidssundayschool.com/preschool/games/noahs-mixed-up-animals
- Animal matching on paper (preschool): https://www.kidssundayschool.com/preschool/activities/noah-matches-up-the-animals
- Colouring pages: https://ministry-to-children.com/noah-ark-coloring-pages/
- Play a memory game – cut out or print pictures of different pairs of animals on cards, then shuffle the cards and put them all face down. See if you can match the cards from memory!
- Animal charades – kids can act like different animals and get their parents/siblings to guess what they are
- Noah’s ark paper plate craft: http://www.akidsheart.com/bible/ot/nark/narkcraft.pdf
Dear parents, we’d like to ask for your permission to make a collage of the pictures and publish it on our social media channels. Thank you!
Visit our virtual prayer wall on Instagram and email email@example.com with your own prayers.
A German version of the song can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVKuu2tUAc