Date(s) - Mar 1
9:45 am - 1:30 pm
Categories No Categories
March 1, 2020 1ST SUNDAY OF LENT
9:45 am English Service, 11:00 am German Service
Sermon Discussions afterwards with Vicar Caroline Raddatz
Have you ever listened to the Sunday sermon and wished that you could have a deeper discussion about what you heard? Have you ever been excited to share an insight you had after listening to the preacher? The vicars would like to invite you to a series of sermon discussion groups during coffee time after the service on the dates listed below.
While preparing our sermons we have had a chance to reflect on the text for an entire week or more. These discussions will allow that reflection to continue and bring more people into the conversation.
Points of Discussion
Some of the discussion points could be:
• What was the main point you heard in the sermon?
• What did you learn about God?
• How was this helpful to your Christian life?
• What image or story stood out for you?
We will meet at a table downstairs during the coffee time about ten minutes after the service ends. Upcoming dates for the sermon discussion are:
• February 16, 2020 after the German service with Vicar Silke Fahl
• March 1, 2020 after the German service with Vicar Caroline Raddatz
• March 15, 2020 after the English service with Vicar Adam McComb
• March 29, 2020 after the English Service with Vicar Jordan Smith
• April 19, 2020 after the English Service with Vicar Adam McComb
A warm welcome to our worship!
Following the service you are welcome to join us for coffee and tea in the basement.
Joining us for the first time? Please fill out a contact card for more information and to sign up for our congregational newsletter.
We offer assistance withe the elevator, hearing devices, and help coordinating rides to church upon request.
If you would like to donate flowers, sign up on the list in the church entrance. Arrange to have flowers delivered or drop them off before the services on Sunday. You can also donate to the flower fund. Please notify the church office of your plans. You and the person(s) you are donating for will be included in the church announcements.
Contact: Church office, Tel: 416-251-8293, firstname.lastname@example.org