Sunday June 5, 2022 — PENTECOST with CONFIRMATION SERVICE – 11:00 am Bilingual Worship with Holy Communion and church choir + 9:30 am Radio Devotion in German 530 AM
This year’s confirmands are: Olivia, Max, Evan, Frederica, Annalia and Maya.
Pastor: People of God, do you promise to support these young people and pray for them in their life in Christ? If so, answer:
Congregation: We do, and we ask God to help and guide us.
Prayer: Guide our hopeful confirmands with wisdom, love, and courage. May they find themselves to be truly your children in this world and find their calling in life to love and serve you in their own special way.
After the summer holidays our new confirmation classes begin. The course lasts one year and ends with Confirmation on Pentecost 2023. It is aimed at young people who will be in grade 7 after the summer holidays or who are 12 to 15 years old. Come see what this year’s Confirmation sevice will be like this Sunday and then sign up!
The sermon will be recorded live and later archived as a YouTube video on our Online Worship webpage.
Intern Nefeli Xiggos’ Instagram reel on June 3, 2022
The Church Choir sings
–Organist and church choir director Linda Marcinkus
Komm, Gott Schӧpfer, Heilger Geist
Komm, Gott Schӧpfer Heil’ger Geist, besuch das Herz der Menschen dein, mit Gnaden sie füll, Denn du weisst, dass sie dein geschӧpfe sein.
Text: Martin Luther (1524) nach dem Hymnus Veni creator spiritus. Musik: Marty Haugen (1987)
Öffne Uns die Ohren Herr
1. Öffne uns die Ohren, Herr, damit wir hoeren, was du uns zu sagen hast. Rede du zu uns, durch dein Wort, das die Wahrheit ist.
2. Öffne uns die Augen, Herr, damit wir sehen, welchem Weg zum Ziel und führt. Weise uns den Weg, durch dein Wort, das die Wahrheit ist.
3. Öffne uns die Lippen, Herr, damit wir sagen, was der Welt zum Besten dient. Schenke uns die Kraft, durch dein Wort, das die Wahrheit ist.
4. Öffne uns die Herzen, Herr, damit wir das tun, was dein Wille für uns ist. Halte uns bei dir und dein Wort das die Wahrheit ist. Text und Musik: Klaus Heizmann
Lord, when you came to the Lakeshore
1. Lord, when you came to the Lakeshore You weren’t seeking the wise or the wealthy, But only asking that I might follow.
Refrain: O Lord, in my eyes you were gazing, Kindly smiling, my name you were saying: Here I stand Lord, willing always to follow; Close to you, I will seek to endure.
2. O Lord have you need of my labour, Hands for service, a heart made for loving, My arms for lifting the poor and broken? Refrain.
3. Lord, send me where you would have me, To a village, or heart of the city; I will remember that you are with me. Refrain.
Interlude: “We are the dwelling of God, fragile and seeking his grace. Lord be our light and guide now, holding us strong in your love.” -Quotation of a segment from an arrangement by Kevin Keil
Text (Prescador de Hombres) and Tune: Cesare Gabarain. Piano accompaniment arranged by Diana Kodner. English translation from Spanish by William Francis Jabusch. Adaptation to text and refrain harmonization by Linda Marcinkus
Listen to our German radio devotions which air every Sunday at 9:30 am live on CHLO Radio station AM 530 (a multilingual radio station) and later archived as a podcast recording on our Radio Devotion webpage.
You can find further news at Church News-Blog: https://martinluther.ca/news-of-the-church/
Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church
2379 Lake Shore Blvd West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M8V 1B7
Tel.: (416) 251-8293 firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Martin Luther Church Toronto on social media:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/martinlutherchurchtoronto
Martin Luther Church Toronto is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC) and partners with the Evangelische Kirche in Deutschland (EKD).